World War One Centenary

 

In the summer and autumn of 2014 and also in the autumn of 2018 there were exhibitions at the church based on the names which appear on the three war memorials which were raised in the Parish after the First World War.  That is the Roll of of Honour at St Faith's Church, the Roll of Honour in King Edward School and the main memorial at the Clock in Gaywood.

In 1914 the Parish of Gaywood included King Edward school and the Highgate area of Kings Lynn as well as the Gaywood Parish as it now stands.

Local people supplied family stories and artefacts which have been recorded separately in files which were also part of the exhibition.

The original exhibition ran until 23rd November 2014 and was greatly appreciated by many visitors.  It could not have been mounted without the help that was given to us by the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Imperial War Museum and Image Group Limited for whose contributions we extend our thanks.

So that much of the information that was on display is still available full details of the "epitaphs" at the exhibition can be found here.

Contact Info

St Faith's Church
Gayton Road
King's Lynn
PE30 4DZ

Tel. 01553 774916

More information on contact page.

Safeguarding

If you have any safeguarding concerns please contact our safeguarding team.